How To Be Joyful in Problems
"Rejoice in the Lord, I will say it again, rejoice!" (Philippians 4:4 NIV)
Say "NOW what??"
- Now what do You want me to do, God?
- Now what is God's purpose?
- Now what does God want to show me?
- Now what does God want to do through this?
"Now I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel. As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ. Because of my chains, most of the brothers in the Lord have been encouraged to speak the word of God more courageously and fearlessly." (Philippians 1:12-14)
Say "SO what?"
"It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. The latter do so in love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. (Philippians 1:15-18)
BUT WHAT DOES IT MATTER? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice."
- Tis gar plen - What does it matter?
- So what. Will this matter 100 years from now?
- So what. Is this really what's most important right now?